join our team
associate account manager
The Associate Account Manager will be a critical part of our team, collaborating with other managers to both service our current business relationships and developing new relationships with landlords and property management companies throughout Chicago.
This person will need to be a proactive self-starter, data-driven, well organized, and able to build upon and expand industry relationships to become a reliable resource and partner to our landlord clients and real estate agents. It will require a balance between customer service, technical and administrative skills to ensure we bring on as many quality listings as we can quickly, and with accurate information so they can be advertised and toured without issues. This person will also help deliver important data to our landlords to assist in decision making. Ultimately, everything you do contributes to our ability to acquire, maintain, and lease our inventory as quickly as possible.
Your role will vary depending on the season and time of the month. We will be onboarding hundreds of new properties throughout the city. Your responsibilities include fielding inbound inquiries or proactively reaching out to landlords who have listed with us in the past, as well as preparing and collecting weekly reports and feedback on the performance of current accounts.
Some of the metrics in which you will be measured upon are:
- Number of new listings onboarded per month
- Accuracy of data: e.g. how often do agents report issues with listings under management?
- Response time for inbound landlord inquiries
- Landlord reports delivered on time
What You’ll Be Doing
- Fielding inbound calls, emails and walk-ins from landlords asking to list their units
- Proactively scanning our database for historical listings, and reaching out to the same, non-exclusive landlords to ensure we continue listing their units as they come available.
- Own the intake process for listings and ensure we collect all the necessary information for content and listings to update our database.
- Reviewing landlord listings to ensure the information is up to date, especially access info and pricing/fees.
- Work closely with content and listings to ensure they are accurate.
- Answer questions from agents and act as a liaison between our agents and landlords.
- Identify efficiencies that could improve how quickly we lease apartments for key accounts.
- Work collaboratively with other AM’s to up-sell non-exclusive landlords to exclusivity.
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of sales experience, either in real estate or a parallel skill set.
- This role requires consistent correspondence, and the right candidate should be prepared to make multiple follow-ups with potential clients in an effort to secure their business.
- Attention to detail is an absolute must, as the data collected for listings, as well as reporting provided to landlords will be critical to leasing inventory and maintaining relationships with landlords.
- Ability to communicate well within a team environment and with landlords.
- A positive attitude with a lot of hustle.
- Ability to focus and maintain attention to detail as well as see how your work contributes to the company mission.
- Existing industry relationships with landlords and property management companies a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce, reporting tools and other CRM systems is a plus.
What We Offer
- • The role is a salaried position.
- • Great medical, dental, vision insurance options with 90-100% employee premium coverage
- • 401k plan + 3% company match
- • Stock options
- • Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- • Mass transit/rideshare stipend
- • Health & wellness reimbursements
- • Stocked kitchen with coffee, snacks, and beverages
- • Team adventures and outings
- • Weekly insight into all major company metrics
- • Up to 12-weeks of paid parental leave
Life at Spaces
We care deeply about diversity and fostering an environment that celebrates authenticity and enables you to be your best self. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome all applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, or race.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other employee benefits (Please contact us to request accommodations.)
Please note: Spaces does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, recruitment agencies and/or search firms. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Any submittals without a prior signed agreement will become property of Spaces